What will your dog learn?
We know how daunting taking on a new rescue can be so, we’ve designed this course to build confidence in both you and your dog! The course is also suitable for ‘older pups’ who may have missed out on our Puppy Starters courses.
The 6 week course has a friendly, professional atmosphere so you can learn new skills – starting with easier training and building towards more complex exercises each week. Together, you’ll develop your understanding of training and your bond with each other! NB: Your dog must be over 6 months of age and fully vaccinated to attend.
- Getting more focus on you!
- Recall – come when called
- Loose lead walking
- Trust building exercises (learning body language)
- Vet time is fun time! (The bucket game)
- ‘Leave’ an object when asked
- ‘Wait’ when asked
- Polite greetings – paws on floor.
- The “Go Say Hi” game
- Canine Enrichment & Brain Game
Please note these classes are held in a group setting so may not be suitable for dogs with reactivity towards other dogs/people – you will find 121 sessions much more helpful.
- £120 – That’s only £20 per hour!! Training Course only.
- £170 – Home Visit – WeekDAY – & Training Course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or a park-walk) on a weekday plus 6 week group training course. *
- £180 – Puppy Home Visit – WeekEND – & Training course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or park walk) on a weekend, plus 6 week group training course. *
*Home visit price for Cheltenham. Locations beyond this are possible but will incur an additional ‘time & travel’ charge of approx £10.
Where & When:
Womens Institute (WI), 355 Prestbury Rd, GL52 3DF
** NB: Entrance to WI car parking is on Bouncers Lane **
- Sunday @ 10am OR
- Sunday @ 11.15am
- Max 6 dogs per class to ensure you get lots of individual attention.
- Course comprises 6 x 1hr lessons + support via phone or email.
- Your dog receives a certificate and rosette for completing the course!
Please click here for the online Registration form. Once we receive your form, we’ll be in touch to book you in. If you haven’t heard from me within 48hrs of submitting your form, please check your ‘junk’ folder (sometimes our emails end up there!) or better still call 07717 894414.