What will your puppy learn?
The “Puppy Improvers” course is designed to build on what you learned at ‘Puppy School‘ (or equivalent course) in a fun and friendly group environment. During the 6 weeks, you’ll learn how to teach your dog a range of new skills like a retrieve, distance cues, polite play and scentwork. You’ll also learn how to progress base behaviours such as lead walking, recall and impulse control. Plus we have the ‘Trickmeister’ so you can teach your dog some fun new tricks! At the end of the 6 week course, you’ll have a stronger partnership with your dog and for your life together.
The “Puppy Improvers” syllabus:
- Introduction to Clicker Training – to help you communicate more precisely with Fido
- Focus exercises because better focus =better training
- Recall – games to build a reliable recall cue, as your dog matures
- Lead walking past distractions
- Retrieve – a great way to play with your dog
- Impulse control games
- Distance cues – eg ‘send to mat’
- Polite play – teaching your dog to ‘drop’ and ‘take’ items on cue
- Introduction to Platform Training – to build steadiness and proprioception skills
- Scentwork – an excellent way to keep your dog busy … and out of mischief!
- Trickmeister! Trick-training to develop focus and have fun with Fido
6 week course – £90
- The “Puppy Improvers” course is for young dogs who have completed ‘Puppy School’ training (or equivalent)
- The course is ideal for dogs aged 6 months and above.
- Classes have a maximum of 8 dogs to ensure you and your dog receive lots of individual attention.
- The course includes 6 x 1hr lessons as well as after class support via phone or email.
- Your puppy will receive a certificate for completing the course.
Classes: Are taught by Joy Matthews, a Positive Reinforcement Dog Trainer.
Where & When:
Leckhampton: The Scout Hut, 207 Leckhampton Rd, GL53 0BX, Sundays @ 5.45pm
Please click here for the online Registration form. Once I have received your form, I’ll be in touch to complete the booking process for your dog!