What will your dog learn?
The “Life Skills Improvers” course is designed to build on what you learned at ‘Puppy Starters’ (or equivalent course) in a fun and friendly group environment. We keep the class size limited to a maximum of 4 dogs so your ‘teenager’ receives the attention they deserve. During the 6 weeks, you’ll learn how to teach your dog a range of new skills like a retrieve, distance cues, polite play and scentwork. You’ll also learn how to progress base behaviours such as lead walking, recall and impulse control. At the end of the 6 week course, you’ll have a stronger partnership with your dog and for your life together.
- Focus exercises -dealing with distractions.
- Recall games
- Loose Lead walking
- Impulse control games
- Polite play – 2 toy swap; teaching ‘drop’ and ‘take it’
- Platform Training – to aid lead walking, focus, proprioception
- Working at distance eg emergency stop
- £120 – Training Course only
- £170 – Training Course + 1;1 Coaching Session. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or on a walk) to help you tackle those canine challenges, plus 6 week group training course.
- The “Improvers” course is for young dogs who have completed ‘Puppy Starters’ training (or equivalent 1;1 training sessions)
- The course is ideal for dogs aged 6 months and above.
- Classes have a maximum of 4 dogs
- The course includes 6 x 1hr lessons
- Your puppy will receive a certificate for completing the course.
Classes: Are taught by Joy Matthews, a Positive Reinforcement Dog Trainer.
Where & When:
The Scout Hut, 207 Leckhampton Rd, GL53 0BX
1st Class: Sunday @ 4pm till 5pm
2nd Class: Sunday @ 5.15pm till 6.15pm
Please click here for the online Registration form. Once I have received your form, I’ll be in touch to complete the booking process for your dog!