What will your dog learn?
The “Life Skills Improvers” course is designed to build on what you learned at ‘Puppy Starters’ (or equivalent course) in a fun and friendly group environment. During the 6 weeks, you’ll learn how to teach your dog a range of new skills like a retrieve, distance cues, polite play and scentwork. You’ll also learn how to progress base behaviours such as lead walking, recall and impulse control. Plus we have the ‘Trickmeister’ so you can teach your dog some fun new tricks! At the end of the 6 week course, you’ll have a stronger partnership with your dog and for your life together.
- Focus exercises ie dealing with distractions.
- Recall games
- Loose Lead walking
- Impulse control games
- Polite play – 2 toy swap; teaching ‘drop’ and ‘take it’
- Platform Training – to aid lead walking, focus, proprioception
- Working at distance eg emergency stop
- £90 – Training Course only
- £140 – 1;1 Session & Training Course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or on a walk) to help you tackle those canine challenges, plus 6 week group training course.
- £150 – Extended 1;1 Session & Training course. For those with lots and lots of questions, this extended (75 min) private training session is the perfect opportunity to discuss behavioural issues. Package also includes 6 week group training course.
- The “Improvers” course is for young dogs who have completed ‘Puppy Starters’ training (or equivalent 1;1 training sessions)
- The course is ideal for dogs aged 6 months and above.
- Classes have a maximum of 4 dogs to ensure you and your dog receive lots of individual attention.
- The course includes 6 x 1hr lessons
- Your puppy will receive a certificate for completing the course.
Classes: Are taught by Joy Matthews, a Positive Reinforcement Dog Trainer.
Where & When:
The Scout Hut, 207 Leckhampton Rd, GL53 0BX
1st Class: Sunday @ 4pm till 5pm
2nd Class: Sunday @ 5.15pm till 6.15pm
Please click here for the online Registration form. Once I have received your form, I’ll be in touch to complete the booking process for your dog!