What Will Your ‘Teenager’ Learn?
Navigating your puppy’s teenage years can be tricky – welcome to the ‘Age of Objection’!
The “Puppy Improvers” course gives you the tools to turn common training challenges into opportunities, and to deepen your bond with your dog. The 4 week course builds on what you learned at ‘Puppy Starters’ (or equivalent training) and has a maximum of 6 dogs – so your ‘teenager’ receives the attention s/he deserves! You’ll learn how to progress key behaviours including recall and lead walking as well as learn new skills like scentwork training and even an emergency stop! At the end of the course, you’ll have a stronger partnership with your dog and for your life together. You’ll also receive a certificate and rosette.
NB: “Improvers” course is for teenage dogs who have already completed ‘Puppy Starters’ training (or equivalent 1;1 training)
- Recall – tighten up recall skills, including recall away from other dogs
- Loose Lead Walking – perfect lead skills amid challenging distractions
- Tips to hone your lead mechanics for better connection on walks
- Retrieve – teach a reliable Fetch & Drop on cue
- Scentwork – introduction to scent games. Harness the power of your dog’s nose!
- Emergency Stop/Stay at a distance
- £80 – Training Course ONLY. That’s just £20 per class!
- £130 – 60min Puppy Home Visit – WeekDAY – + Training Course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or a park walk) on a weekday plus 4 week group training course.*
- £140 – 75min Puppy Home Visit – WeekDAY – + Training course. Includes 75min private training session at your home (or park walk) on a weekend, plus 4 week group training course. Our bestseller!*
- £140 – 60min Puppy Home Visit – WeekEND – + Training course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or park walk) on a weekend, plus 4 week group training course.*
- £150 – 75min Puppy Home Visit – WeekEND – + Training course. Includes 75min private training session at your home (or park walk) on a weekend, plus 4 week group training course.*
*Home visit price for Cheltenham. Locations beyond this are possible but will incur an additional ‘time & travel’ charge of approx £10.
Where & When:
- Saturdays @ 2pm
The Cotswold RDA, located on Cheltenham Race Course, Prestbury Park, Cheltenham GL50 4SH. Map here: Cotswold RDA – Google Maps
Saturday classes are taught by Helen Baker, an experienced Positive Reinforcement Trainer
- Sundays @ 1230
Womens Institute (WI), 355 Prestbury Rd, GL52 3DF. Please note the entrance to WI car parking is on Bouncers Lane
To book either course, please click here for the online Registration form. Once we have received your form, we’ll be in touch to complete the booking process for you and your dog!