What will your puppy learn?
We will help you teach your puppy all the basics so your new life together has the best possible start. The syllabus is designed to help you guide your puppy steadily and progress from easy to more complex exercises, building on your puppy’s understanding and reliability each week. At the end of the 6 week course you will have a solid foundation for your relationship together. The course is equivalent to the Kennel Club’s Foundation Certificate and the syllabus includes:
- Recall: Come when called
- Positions: Sit, Down, Stand, Wait.
- Loose lead walking – no pulling!
- The Vet Visit Game!
- ‘Settle on a mat’
- ‘Leave’ an object when asked
- Ouch! How to stop play-biting
- Being social with humans, children and other puppies
- Polite greetings – no jumping
- The “Go Say Hi” game.
NB: Your puppy must be fully vaccinated to attend the group course.
- £90 – Training Course only
- £140 – Puppy Home Visit & Training Course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or a park-walk) plus 6 week group training course.*
- £150 – Extended Puppy Home Visit & Training course. Includes 75mins training session at your home (or park walk) plus 6 week group training course. Our bestseller!*
*Home visit price for Cheltenham. Locations beyond this are possible but will incur an additional ‘time & travel’ charge of approx £10.
Where & When:
St Margaret’s Hall, Coniston Road, Hatherley, Cheltenham GL51 3NU
- Sundays @ 9am (till 10am)
- Sundays @ 10.10am (till 11.10am)
- Fridays @ 12noon (till 1pm)
Churchdown Community Centre, Parton Rd, GL3 2JH
- Thursdays @ 6pm (till 7pm)
Milestone School, Longford Lane, Longlevens, GL2 9EU
- Tuesdays @ 6pm (till 7pm)
Sunday classes are taught by Joy Matthews. Weekday classes are taught by Katherine Johnson. Both are Positive Reinforcement Dog Trainers. The classes have a maximum of 6 puppies and each course comprises 6 x 1 hour lessons. Your puppy will receive a certificate and rosette on completion!
Click here for Registration Form. On receiving your form, we’ll email you with booking/payment details. If you haven’t heard back in 48hrs, please check your ‘junk’ folder – it may be lurking there! Or better still call us 07717 89 44 14.