What will your puppy learn?
We will help you teach your puppy all the basics so your new life together has the best possible start. The syllabus is designed to help you guide your puppy steadily and progress from easy to more complex exercises, building on your puppy’s understanding and reliability each week. At the end of the 6 week course you will have a solid foundation for your relationship together. The course is equivalent to the Kennel Club’s Foundation Certificate and the syllabus includes:
- Recall: Games to make recall reliable and fun!
- Positions – sit, down, stand, wait, heel.
- How to walk on a loose lead – no pulling!
- Accepting handling (for vet or grooming)
- ‘Leave’ an object when asked
- Accepting people near to food bowls
- Stop play biting – the ‘3 second rule’
- Being sociable with humans, children, and other puppies
- Greeting people without jumping up!
NB: Your puppy must be fully vaccinated to attend the group course.
- £90 – Training Course only
- £140 – Puppy Home Visit & Training Course. Includes 1hr private training session at your home (or a park-walk) plus 6 week group training course.*
- £150 – Extended Puppy Home Visit & Training course. Includes 75mins training session at your home (or park walk) plus 6 week group training course. Our bestseller!*
*Home visit price for Cheltenham. Locations beyond this are possible but will incur an additional ‘time & travel’ charge of approx £10.
Where & When:
St Margaret’s Hall, Coniston Road, Hatherley, Cheltenham GL51 3NU
- Sundays @ 9am (till 10am)
- Sundays @ 10.10am (till 11.10am)
- Fridays @ 12noon (till 1pm)
Sunday classes are taught by Joy Matthews and Friday classes are taught by Katherine Johnson. Both are Positive Reinforcement Dog Trainers.
- Classes have a maximum of 6 puppies to ensure you and your puppy gets lots of individual attention.
- The course includes 6 x 1hr lessons as well as after class support via phone or email.
- Your puppy will receive a certificate and rosette for completing the course.
Please click here for the online Registration form. Once I receive your form, I’ll be in touch to complete the booking process for you. If you haven’t heard from me within 48hrs of submitting your form, please check your ‘junk’ folder (sometimes our emails end up there!) or better still call 07717 89 44 14.