What will your puppy learn?
We will help you teach your puppy all the basics so your new life together has the best possible start. The syllabus is designed to help you guide your puppy steadily and progress from easy to more complex exercises, building on your puppy’s understanding and reliability each week. At the end of the 6 week course you will have a solid foundation for your relationship together. The course is equivalent to the Kennel Club’s Foundation Certificate and the syllabus includes:
- Recall: Games to make recall reliable and fun!
- Basic positions – sit, down, stand
- How to walk on a loose lead – no pulling!
- Accepting handling (for vet or grooming)
- Teaching the ‘retrieve’
- ‘Leave’ an object when asked
- Accepting people near to food bowls, bones and chew
- Stopping play biting
- Being sociable with humans, children, and other puppies
- Greeting people without jumping up!
NB: Your puppy must be fully vaccinated to attend the group course.
There are two options:
- Puppy Visit & Training Course – £125 (discount of £10)
- Training Course only – £85
Where & When:
St Margaret’s Hall, Coniston Road, Hatherley, Cheltenham GL51 3NU
- Sundays @ 9am (till 10am)
- Sundays @ 10.10am (till 11.10am)
- Fridays @ 12noon (till 1pm)
Classes are taught by Joy Matthews, a Positive Reinforcement Dog Trainer.
- Classes have a maximum of 6 puppies to ensure you and your puppy gets lots of individual attention.
- The course includes 6 x 1hr lessons as well as after class support via phone or email.
- Your puppy will receive a certificate and rosette for completing the course.
Please click here for the online Registration form. Once I receive your form, I’ll be in touch to complete the booking process for you. If you haven’t heard from me within 48hrs of submitting your form, please check your ‘junk’ folder (sometimes our emails end up there!) or better still call 07717 89 44 14.