What will your puppy learn?
Joyful Dogs provides puppy training classes via the ‘Puppy School’ franchise. You and your puppy will steadily progress from easy to more complex exercises, building on your puppy’s understanding and reliability each week. At the end of the 6 week course you will have a solid foundation for life with your puppy. The Puppy School course is equivalent to the Kennel Club’s Foundation Certificate. The Puppy School syllabus includes:
- Recall: How to come when called
- Basic positions – sit, lie down and stand
- How to walk on a loose lead – no pulling!
- Accepting handling (for vet or grooming)
- ‘Leave’ an object when asked
- Accepting people near to food bowls, bones and chew
- Stopping play biting
- Being sociable with humans, children, and other puppies
- Greeting people without jumping up!
6 week course – £80
- Joy’s puppy training classes are run through the national Puppy School franchise.
- The classes are for puppies aged 20 weeks or less (your puppy must have been vaccinated).
- Classes have a maximum of 8 puppies to ensure you and your puppy gets lots of individual attention!
- The Puppy School course includes 6 x 1hr lessons as well as after class support via phone or email.
- Your puppy will receive a certificate and rosette for completing the course.
Where & When:
We have two venues so choose whichever suits you best
- The Village hall, Guiting Power, Church Lane, GL54 5TX
- Thursdays at 6.45pm
- The Scout Hut, 207 Leckhampton Road, GL53 0BX
- Sundays @ 4.30pm
- Thursdays @ 12noon
Classes are taught by Joy Matthews, a Positive Reinforcement Dog Trainer.
Please click here for the online Registration form. Once I have received your form, I’ll be in touch to complete the booking process for you and your pup!